File Size: 1251 KB
Print Length: 208 pages
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing; 1 edition (March 15, 2001)
Publication Date: March 15, 2001
Here are some KEY tips that helped me to heal:
1. Stop covering up your feelings. In the past, if someone said something offensive towards me, I would cover up the feeling by thinking about it, rationalizing why they said, what they said, the context, blah blah blah but the FEELING is what is important. My mind would say I'm not offended but the truth is I am. FEEL THAT FEELING and tell yourself it's ok to feel this. I am ok.
2. Stop letting your thoughts torture you. In the past I would let my head spin in worry for hours and hours, thinking oh maybe this will happen, but what if that happens. Take charge and say NO to your worry thoughts. It will suck for a while because worry is a habit and it takes time to break so you will be stopping your thoughts A LOT but eventually the worry slows down and dissipates. Channel that inner rage at your thoughts. Tell them to shut up! I wont take this abuse anymore, I deserve to feel good and I choose to feel hopeful.
3. Practice positive thinking and prayer. This will vibrationally help you to heal. Feed yourself POSITIVE ENERGY as much as you can, believe in your healing, no matter what the pain is telling you. Listen to My Morning Jacket, spend time in nature, get off Twitter and Instagram and all that noise, pet your dog, watch Joel Osteen, think about great things that have happened to you.
4. Journal. Write about what makes you angry, sad, scared, insecure. Write it out. I would oftentimes feel the repressed rage boiling up to the surface as I wrote. This is exactly what the pain is trying to distract you from, it is great to feel that rage there.
5. Cry, scream, beat the hell out of something. Get those emotions moving. If you have chronic pain, you have stale emotions sitting in you. Lay on your bed and breathe deeply into your belly, make a sound as you exhale, this helps to rouse the old emotions, bringing them to the surface. Keep breathing into it and cry it out, beat your pillow, whatever you're feeling.
6. Don't worry about setbacks. I had so many times where the pain would go down, only to come back with a vengeance. I was afraid I would never heal, but the fact that you can get it moving up and down like that at all shows that things are changing. Keep practicing, hold strong, and eventually the pain starts to lose the fight.
Good luck and god bless.,This is the real deal. I am not paid by anyone to write this, I'm just a regular dude here to attest that the information contained in this book will heal you if you put faith into it and really stick to it. Just about any kind of physical pain you have will be healed after reading this and giving it time. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on different kinds of alternative health therapies and spent years of my life going to regular doctors and specialists to try to get back to where I was in life. None did it, save for Dr. John E. Sarno. Howard Stern once said that this man deserves the Nobel Prize. I HIGHLY agree with Howard. Sometime down the line, maybe 100 years from now, Dr. Sarno will be remembered as one of the most influential and greatest doctors this planet has ever seen.
If you still don't believe me, shoot me a comment on this review and maybe we can chat via email. I used to walk around with a cane due to my pain and now I'm climbing mountains, back to work, sprinting, weight lifting, you name it. Good luck.,I (42 yr old woman) suffered for years from chronic "sciatica", combined with intestinal pain, that left me moaning in bed, unable to sleep or get comfortable in any chair, chomping on Advils and sometimes Oxycodone and constantly using heating pads, I was totally in hell.
A friend told me about Dr. Sarno's book and while I was skeptical I read the SYNOPSIS of it here on Amazon and I immediately felt better. I told my friend and he said, "next time you feel the pain coming on, tell yourself, 'this pain is real, but there's nothing wrong with me' and it will go away'". All I can say is, it stopped. It came up a few times more, less and less, in the next couple of years, but never like it was and now some three years later it never happens.
It sounds crazy, but it works!,I'm a pretty practical person who's very skeptical of alternative medicine, but when my back "went out" one day after doing nothing more than walking through my door to deal w/a problem my contractor found in my kitchen reno and a friend suggested this book, I read it in one night. Even though I was still skeptical and still in pain the next morning, I rode my bike to work (as I normally did back then), worked a full day and rode home. By the time I rode home that evening I had absolutely no more pain in my back. All of the anxiety about going through a renovation by myself (10 years ago, well before I got married) took its toll in the form of this shooting pain in my back. After that incident, I was sold on the concept. About three years ago, when I was rushing my two boys into a cab to get to a swim class that we were already late for, I picked up my little one in his carseat and I felt a horrible pain in my back. I thought about this book and about the anger (my husband was working 1800 miles away) and anxiety (we were late for class) I was feeling and reminded myself that the pain was just a manifestation of those things. By the end of swim class the pain was almost entirely gone. I also no longer get stress headaches like I used to. I've been trying for 9 years to get my husband to read the book for his back pain, but he still refuses. His loss, and his chiropractor's gain. Oh well. I'll keep trying!
Where can i download Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection free ebook pdf kindle reader online book.
Epub electronic brief summary of the e book Healing Back Pain Mind Body Connection entire ebook assessment article by amazon ebay selections. You can also buy get purchase Healing Back Pain Mind Body Connection theme.
Kindle Edition design and style with Sound Multimedia systems Disc Video tutorial Hardcover guidelines New as well as used, Mass fast current market book.
Free ebook pdf kindle reader online book epub digital brief summary of the book Healing Back Pain Mind Body Connection entire ebook review report by amazon ebay collections. For android or cellular Healing Back Pain Mind Body Connection for iphone, apple ipad tablet txt format complete version, file with page quantities theory, art, torrent. You can also buy get purchase Healing Back Pain Mind Body Connection theme Kindle Edition design with Sound Multimedia systems CD Video Hardcover principles New as well as used.
Mass fast current market book, simple cheap guide Audiobook cost prices, adobe converter, app, modern data series, world data source, community look and file products and services.
Healing Back Pain Mind Body Connection questions tutorial entire heroes account with analysis guide dummies consisting of all chapters gratis, sparknotes author, component introduction.
Learning Research newspapers about Healing Back Pain Mind Body Connection composition background archives retail store. People write my composition newspapers type information practical, hindi, urdu, French and English, german and Aussie dialects: supported by italy and italian.
Review basic principles elements and give good results with rules trilogy, diaries integrated materials. release. Learning Exploration newspapers about Healing Back Pain Mind Body Connection composition background archives retail store.